Sunday, August 05, 2007



Today we went on a Cape Peninsula tour. We really lucked out because it turned out to be a beautiful day. One of our stops was the Cape of Good Hope. This is the most South-Western point of the African continent. Around this point is where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Indian Ocean. We saw some spectacular scenery. Above is a video from the lighthouse at Cape at Good Hope. http://www.capepoint.co.za/

We then drove to Simonstown http://www.go2africa.com/south-africa/western-cape/simons-town/ (if you scroll down there is a list of western Cape Town suburbs which most of these we drove through today) and had lunch at a great seafood restaurant which was right on the water. We then walked down to Boulders beach to see the African penguins. There are quite a few of them, and they are about as entertaining as the monkeys.

As we drove along the coast today, the scenery reminded me somewhat of coastal California and Italy. Houses down on the beach and then run up the mountainside. I can say I have seen the low of the low (Shanty Town) and the high of the high. There are some pretty magnificent homes along the Western Cape.

We finished up the tour of Kirstenbosch Gardens. I had hear you needed about a day to see the entire garden. Now I see why. This place is huge!! There are so many different plants, flowers and trees. It is absolutely stunning. I can just imagine what it looks like in the summer time.

On the way home we say the front gate of Nelson Mandela's house.

It is hard to believe that our trip is about to come to and end. We have had so many experiences, and the opportunity to see all walks of life.

2 comments:

Viswa said...

Great Article,my aim is to travel the world,keep post up to date...

Storyteller Travel said...

Hi! Thanks for the comment. I have a new blog where I am writing about my travels. Please visit http://storytellertraveler.blogspot.com/