Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Kyle Here:
August 6-7
Jarae and I spent a leisurely morning at breakfast, then decided to walk around the waterfront. It was cold and rainy. I had planned on climbing Table Mountain, as this was our only full free day left, so we thought. I am glad I did not, as on this day, an American tourist died from a fall while climbing the mountain. It was very cold, the mountain was covered in clouds, and it was raining most of the day. The poor idiot fell, and it is only reasonable...the paper claimed he had climbing experience however, not much brains.
Jarae of course, went shopping as usual... and then we went to see "The Simpsons" movie.
After which we ate another huge meal of fried fish.

Went to a meeting, and met my original contact in SA. He can back to the hotel, and we talked for a couple of hours. He shared his experiences at meetings for the last three years... He is very active in getting tourists connected here.

We got up at 6:30 am this morning to go shark diving, but the weather cancelled the trip. I was not going to go since I don't like boats anyway, especially in rough seas.
We then just walked around today, and Jarae bought more trinkets and gifts.

Things I learned today:
You get to pick your seats at the point of purchase for the movies in SA.
Pancakes wrapped around squash are tasty.
I can drink coffee at any hour of the day.
South Africa meetings are loose, ... it is hard to explain. I think not many people have been around long.
I don't want to stop being on vacation.
I want to buy property in South Africa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've learned quite a lot about your own coffee drinking idiosyncrasies on this trip. Makes the entire trip worth all the trouble, it would seem.