Sunday, August 05, 2007

Kyle Here:
August 5,07
So, today was outrageous...we took a 9 hour tour down the Cape Peninsula. It was amazing.
We went to Cape of Good Hope, I however did not feel the need to climb to the lighthouse.
We also went along the coast road, which was somewhat like Malibu, some very expensive homes. Once again, the disparity here seems much more prevelant, possibly since things are so close together, and you can see homes on the cliff over looking the sea, with shacks around them.
We took a boat to see some seals....which really stank. And as some of you are aware, my dislike of boats, which I am not driving is profound, and this boat was up and down, I almost threw up.
Next we drove to the Cape, as I said before. It was really cool. There was a point where I brought the two oceans, the Atlantic and Indian together, as you will be able to see in the photos.
There were two other couples on the tour with us....at lunch the Irish couple just talked really in depth about wine....really, in depth. I believe the phrase ' chocolatey finish' was spoken.
The KirstenBosch gardens were amazing. They are located near the homes of Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela. It was probably the most striking area in the Cape Town area I have seen so far. If I were to come to SA again, I would stay on that side of the Cape, and near Simon Town. The wineland area was very beautiful as well.
Jarae stayed in , and I went to the mall to eat. It was too late for a movie, but maybe tomorrow. Jarae wanted me to bring her some chocolate, and I almost brought back some 'sexy chocolate' but then thought better of it.
Might climb to the top of Table Mountain tomorrow.

Things I learned today:
I care nothing for discussion of wine characteristics.
There are Sunday drivers all over Cape Town.
I want to live on the Coast in Cape Town.
I will stay near Simon Town on my next trip here.
Muslims girls are kinda sexy.
I need fresh fruit daily.
There are many, many more places I want to see before I die.

No comments: