Friday, July 20, 2007

Kyle Here: So, we went to the Rijkmuseum today, and saw some very impressive Dutch paintings, silverwork and stuff. "The NightWatch" painting is there, and is fairly overwhelming. Also, we went to the Van Gogh museum, which was impressive as well, somewhat small but very manageable. I was fond of the temporary Max Beckman exhibit which was about as large as the permanent exhibit. I was struck by his triptychs, very symbolic paintings.
We did alot of walking today. My feet hurt, and I didn't even have crazy Euro shoes on while walking around. It was a day to eat cheese, since that is about all I ate today, and bread. It seems the Danish love meat, like big Argentinian grilled meat. And of course weed. Not that they eat it, but if they could I imagine they would.
I learned a few things today--- Dutch motorcycle police are polite (translation- wimps)even when trying to arrest someone, the Reality Bar is not about reality at all, and the Dutch sure know how to make waffle cones and waffle cookies, and possibly even Belgian waffles, but not so sure yet. Also, that Jarae does not like taking pictures, at least not of me. I also realized I will never have enough money to buy all of the things I want, but I have more than I need.
Also, I have attended two 'meetings' here, and they are rather 'touchy-feely' in a weird psycho babble sort of way. But after having coffee with some guys afterwards, it seems that the same stuff goes on here too, with all the same personality before principles issues as at home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great way to track where you are. It is like sharing your trip. Look forward to your photos. Have fun. Kyle's dad

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your pictures.