Wednesday, June 29, 2005

London Wednesday June 29th 11:40 AM

Last night Eryk and I went to Coldplay. The stadium was down in South London which required a lengthy train ride. We get the tickets and next to the box office is a Coldplay guest list. Eryk wanted to know if we were on it. Only if they believe if I am Gwenyth. Eryk said I would need Apple for that. So no Go! So it is not an outdoor concert w/out rain. It never fails. Fortunately there was stadium that was covered. There ended up being 40,000 people at the show. It was a great show! So when they went off for the encore, Eryk said we better take off because the train would be crowded. He was right. There was a sea of people. We get to the platform and there has to be several hundred people. There was also several hundred people on the platform across the tracks from us. So each platform tried to see who could do the wave better. If they were bad the other side would BOO. If the entire platform did good, the other side applauded. It was pretty amusing. The weather was getting worse. It started to thunder and lightening, and about a minute before the train showed up, the sky let loose and it just poured. Then you cram several hundred wet people into a train like a sardine can. OH what fun. This is when I start cursing public transportation and wishing I had my car (even if I did have to drive on the wrong side of the of the road. However, I survived, and made it home.

Scot: There were no arrests made. Eryk used the toilet! :-) I must be getting used to his accent, because I haven't had a hard time understanding him (even after a few beers)

Off to meet Bridget. We are going to have lunch at her fancy restaurant! YUMMMM!!

No comments: