Tuesday, June 28, 2005

London - Part Deux

So I am back in London. Just right around the corner from where I am staying is a Starbucks! I am so happy to have a carmel macchiato!

Well getting here was no easy task! The Dublin airport was crazy! I guess all those crazy U2 fans were heading home! So I get to thee airport @ 10:15 am. My flight was to leave at 12:10. At 11:45 I was still in line to check in my bags. It is interesting, no one in Europe gets all huffy and starts bitching. I was the only one! For some reason the conveyer belt that carried the bags down to get on the plane would just stop so it would get all jammed up. So they couldn't check people in until the baggage cleared. So here I am thinking that I am going to miss another flight. I finally go complain to someone, and that gets me to the front of the line. Then they tell me that the flight is delayed an hour. Thanks for not mentioning that earlier. I finally get to London, and I had arranged for a car to pick me up. No one is the gate holding a Jarae Housley sign. So I roam around, and finally call them. They have no record of me, yet I have a confirmation. So I ended up taking a taxi. Which eventually cost me my first born child. However, my cab driver was really cool, and gave me a great little tour while driving around...I saw the small Beatles studio that they originally purchased for 12, ooo pounds back in the day. Now it is worth milions and they still own it (or the ones still alive). The British Secret Service which is above the Estee Lauder headquarters.

So I am staying in a flat in London. So i have to get the keys from the office, and then go to the flat. The flat is Bayswater which is in Westminter district. It is a cute place and neighborhood. So I am heading in, but stopped by this cute little Italian guy, Pablo. He manages the building. He asked which flat I was in. When I tell him #5, he looks a little perplexed. I tell him it is a studio. Then he looks releived and says I am in 5A. He lets me in, but someone elses stuff is there. He then tells me to stay put and he will be back. 5 minutes later he returns and asks if I can take a little walk around. My flat isn't clean. They person staying there just left and it looks as though there was a mix up. Really, how can you get mad at Pablo. He is cute and has an Italian accent. So I head out for food. I head back an hour later and everything is setup. It is a great place. Everything is very modern. You walk in w/ this little small kitchen, which as a dishwasher, fridge, oven, washer and dryer. Then it has a spiral staircase that takes you up to a loft w/ the bedroom and bathroom. I will post pics later.

Today I am going to go get my Underground pass (subway) and go up to Notting Hill. I then sam meeting up w. Eryk (Bridget's fiance) and we are going to see ColdPlay. WHOO-HOO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mind the gap and don't let Eryck get arrested for piss'n in the park again. By now youve probably figured out that when Eryck has been drinking its best to just smile and nod when he speaks. Kiss my sis for me.