Thursday, June 23, 2005

Amsterdam:

Well it is not a vacation if a flight doesn't get cancelled. My flight to London is cancelled due to "technical"reasons. And of course there is no one around to tell you where to go. However, there are plenty of long lines to wait in. My stress level is good tho. Let me back up a little and explain the reason why.

First off I have to say, I am never flying coach again! I get on my plane, which is some new Airbus 330. My phrase if it is not Boeing then I am not going, just flew out the window. I walk onto the plane, and looks like I am going to the moon not Europe. If I wouldn't have looked like so much like a stupid American tourist then I would have taken a picture (maybe on the way back). Anywhoo, back to the space shuttle. The chairs were kinda of roundy, and head all these controls to adjust the seat however you wanted it. It even massage control. If the seats would have heated up, I would have never gotten off. I would have flown back and forth for 2 weeks. So I had my own TV screen, I could watch any movie I wanted too, and completely recline. AAAAHHHHHH!!!!! It was funny too. The lady that sat next to me was going to U2 too. She was from Detroit. She is going to the show Fri and Sat.

So back in Amsterdam I get herded like cattle through the passport line (first stamp in my new passport!) to get told I am rebooked on a flight 2 hours later, and I have to go back through the passport line. Oh Joy! But there is a light at the end of the tunnel.....The KLM club is open, and I swear the further east I head these clubs get better and better. This one looks like I just walked into Ikea, except they don't have Sweedish meatballs.

So I left Seattle @ 12:30pm Wed June 22nd. It is now 4:13am Thursday June 23rd (1:15pm Amsterdam time) I am going to need a nap soon. Am I there yet?

No comments: