Saturday, June 25, 2005

Dublin con’t
I decided to go for a walk down O’Connell street (this is the main street through Dublin). It was raining. I didn’t think it would be that bad, it just seemed to be drizzle, and I am from Seattle. Well w/out a hat or umbrella, I get about 3 blocks and I am soaked. I walk a couple of more, and I am soaked. I decide to turn around this isn’t worth it.

So I am sitting in my room w/ the windows open when I hear something….Uno, dos, tres, Vertigo???…Oh my Gosh that is Bono! I can hear the beginning of the Friday concert. Too bad I can’t see the stadium or Bono. I will tomorrow though. It is funny some people think it is a little strange for me to travel to Dublin to see a concert. Well there was an article I read in the Dublin paper today, where they had interviews w/ people who had been getting in line for the floor seats starting Thursday AM. People were from all over the world, and had tickets to various shows in Europe. One girl had tickets to see them in 15 different cities in Europe and then planned to travel to NYC in Oct to see them. That is a lot of $$$$.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe that you met someone who makes you look "thrifty." You are only going to one of the concerts not 15.

Remember, your Honkey Tonk Oklahoma accent will sound "exotic" to the guys over there so talk a lot and use it to your advantage! I also sent a work email to you if you have time.

-Live Long and Prosper