Friday, July 08, 2005

Getting Home Round 2

Well I hope this is better than Round 1. I sailed through Oslo, I get to the gate w/ an hour to wait. We get told we ae going to board and then it delayed for an hour. An hour later told we are going to board, and then delayed for another hour. Apparently, the flight crew was fogged in at an airport in western Norway, and they had to drive them in. They finally arrived and everyone applauded when they walked through the gate. So I get to my hotel in London @ 12am and wake up @ 5am (never will you see me do this on a Sat). So if you do the math that is $30 per hour to sleep.

If you expect the worse, things can only seem really good. I got to the airport early thinking things would be pretty hectic here and security would be a pain. I arrive @ the airport at 6:25, and I am sitting @ Starbucks by 6:45. My flight leaves @ 8:30. I'm not sure if I should be relieved or concerned that I got through so fast.

No comments: