Monday, July 11, 2005

Back in the good 'ol USA!!!

It does feel good to be home, but all I have really done since I have been home is sleep. I think my body is almost figured out what time it is. The trip home was pretty uneventful. All flights were on time, and Homeland Security let me back in the country. The first time I went to Europe in '94, I pretty much got the interrogation coming back into the US. Apparently, I did not look like someone that could have spent a month in Europe. OH Well.

So in Amsterdam as we were taxing out to the runway (which I swear is about 2 miles. They probably could have just driven me home faster) there's a service road that runs along side where plans are coming in and taking off. Along the entire road people were just out there watching their planes. Some people were w/ their families and were having a picnic, some w/ lawn chairs, w/ binoculars, and cameras. It was kind of amusing to see. Because you no one in the US could be that close to a runway.

Also when I got home I heard on CNN, that's they arrested 3 people @ Heathrow Sat. They said that the arrests could not be connected to the bombings at this time until there was further investigation. So perhaps from the outside security looks like it is relaxed, but there is more going on behind the scences then you realize. However, knowing that I did not set off the metal detectors at all during my entire trip makes me a wonder. The girl filled w/ metal always sets those things off!

I'll be posting more pics later. So stay tuned.

No comments: